Mom Thought Her Son Had The Stomach Flu But What Doctors Found Left Her Shocked

e694447f-9c06-4fce-9df7-9b0620ea651e

1e912cf1-be19-4db0-9b28-2e91035d2c62

Fearing that your child is sick in any way is a parent’s worst nightmare. Whether it’s something as simple as the common cold or something much more serious, every parent will go to the extreme to protect their kids.

But knowing that what has caused your child to be sick is actually something that could be in your house right now is even more terrifying.

Well, that’s exactly what happened to a mother and her young son from Oklahoma.

87612de9-455d-4aba-8bef-6eb696ae25d7

Young Brady went to his mother complaining of stomach pains. And, of course, his mother instantly began to worry.

At first the mother thought that her son had a stomach flu so she immediately took him to the hospital to see a doctor.

5c508b03-8e40-490a-a031-c6adfcd5c362

As it turns out, what was causing her sons discomfort was something much more serious.

e694447f-9c06-4fce-9df7-9b0620ea651e

After taking some x-rays, the doctor discovered that Brady had swallowed high powered magnets.

In fact, doctors are reporting a rise in the number of cases of children ingesting magnets. These magnets have the potential to seriously injure and possibly kill a child if the damage done by the magnets is extensive enough.

Luckily for Brady and his mother, the magnets didn’t cause much damage and the young boy was able to make a quick recovery.

Nevertheless, it’s important to spread this story so that other parents can potentially identify hazardous items, like magnets, and remove them from the household to avoid incidents such as this.

fghjkfdg

You Won’t Believe Why This Guy’s Hand Was Sewn Into His Stomach

EMBARGOED TO 0001 THURSDAY OCTOBER 18Undated family handout photo of twin girls (left to right) Rosie and Ruby Formosa, who who were born joined at the abdomen and shared part of the intestine, needed an emergency operation to separate them. The identical twins, who are only 12 weeks old, underwent an operation at London's Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) on July 27 - the day after they were born. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Issue date: Wednesday October 17, 2012. Despite being told that survival chances were low, the sisters are now doing well and are smiling 'bubbly babies', their mother Angela said. Mrs Formosa, from Bexleyheath, Kent, said she had a 'textbook' pregnancy with her first daughter Lily, now aged five, so finding out the twins were joined was a 'shock'. 'At an early pregnancy scan they said the twins looked very close together so I went to King's College for another scan,' the 32-year-old said. 'Between 16 and 20 weeks we found out that they were joined - I didn't know what to think, I was shocked and I felt sad. See PA story HEALTH Conjoined. Photo credit should read: Medical Illustration/PA WireNOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used in for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.

Doctors Give Conjoined Twins Slim Chance For Survival But How They Look Now Is Incredible